Instructions for Use
We recommend becoming familiar with the features of this patient positioning device before using it with a patient. You should always practice its use on a nurse, physician or appropriate volunteer prior to using it clinically.
Attaching Clamp to the O.R. Table
Detaching Clamp from the O.R. Table
- Snap Schure Socket XL to the O.R. side rail with the logo sticker side up
- Place round or flat post in the mounting hole
- Tighten the post by turning the handle clockwise until locked
- Turn the handle counterclockwise until the post is loosened
- Remove post from the socket
- Detach from the rail
All rights reserved. Any duplication, adaption or translation without prior written consent is
prohibited unless otherwise provided for in the relevant copyright laws.
SCHURE SOCKET XL
Initial Release: 5/14/2009
452 Randolph Street, Abington, MA 02351 USA
Toll Free (888) 724-8763 | Ph (781) 236-4142
Fax (781) 982-7001 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergo Europe Prinsessegracht 20,
2514 AP The Hague, The Netherlands
The intended use is to hold O.R. accessories on an O.R. table.
Overview of Components
The SCHURE SOCKET XL is an O.R. table clamp that will attach to the side rails of any table.
See side rail dimensions below:
- US: 0.374” X 1.122” (9.5 mm x 28.5 mm) PN# 800-0134
- Denyer: 0.236” x 1.496” (6 mm x 38 mm) PN# 800-0134-DEN
- Europe: 0.394” x 0.984” (10 mm x 25 mm) PN# 800-0134-EU
- Eschmann (UK): 0.236” x 1.260” (6mm x 32mm) PN# 800-0134-UK
- Japan: 0.354” x 1.260” (9 mm x 32mm) PN# 800-0134-JPN
- Swiss: 0.394” x 1.1181” (10mm x 30mm) PN# 800-0134-SWISS
- This product is not made with (NRL) Natural Rubber Latex
- This device supports a 800 lb. proportional patient load (6’4” tall patient per 99% human body model)
- Product warranty covers the product from manufacturing defects for a period of two (2) years
- If damaged in shipping, please call Customer Service at (888) 724-8763 or (781) 982-7000 to obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. For product warranty issues also contact Customer Service.
- This product is maintenance free, check the condition of the product each time before using it
- Life of device is five (5) years under normal use
- Storage of device shall be between –4 °F to +86°F
Device Dimensions (maximum)
- Length: 4” +/- 0.5”
- Width: 2.25” +/- 0.5”
- Depth: 2.25” +/- 0.5”
- Device Weight: 1.5 +/- 0.5 lbs
- Attaches to the rail of an O.R. table at any point on the rail Single person installation
- Twist lock/release handle
Product Use Warnings
WARNING! The maximum load placed on the product may not exceed the appropriate proportion of a patient weighing 800 lbs. Restrictions result from the permissible overall load, among other things, of accessory rails when using operating tables with a low maximum load capacity. Be absolutely sure to follow the instructions for use for your Operating Table system.
WARNING! Hazard resulting from incorrect use. Be absolutely sure to follow the instructions for use for your Operating Table system.
- General - Used products or parts may be contaminated. To prevent potential infection, please clean and disinfect the product prior to disposing
- Packaging - Packaging material can be disposed of via household waste in accordance with national requirement
- SchureMed will take back used product or no longer in service. Product can also be disposed in accordance with national requirement
Always follow the current Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Journal Guidelines to make sure the proper cleaning and disinfection procedure is followed.
Always follow the standards for blood-borne pathogens from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Use the recommended protective clothing, gloves, masks and eye protection to clean the accessory.
Thoroughly read and follow the manufacturer’s directions for all cleaning fluids. DO NOT use
cleaners containing phenolics.
- Remove major contaminants from the accessory with disposable materials. Follow the appropriate bio-hazard waste disposal procedures.
- Remove the accessory and place it on a flat surface for cleaning
- Use a ready-to-use detergent diluted as required by the manufacturer
- Apply cleaning fluid liberally to the top, sides and bottom
- Wipe with a clean, lint-free cloth
- Wipe until all the moisture and cleaning fluid is removed from the accessory
- Allow the accessory to dry
Doc# 590-0119 REV 2.04